Check out Our New Case Study: Via Rail Fire Restoration & Prevention
Via Rail connects Canada from coast to coast—so it’s crucial to keep trains running safely and efficiently. After an incident involving an exhaust vent that caught fire, Via Rail called in the professionals at Wickens Dry Ice Blasting to restore the area and provide preventive cleaning to avoid similar issues in the future.
Wickens was able to mobilize quickly with multiple crews and equipment, providing fire restoration and preventive cleaning with minimal downtime.
Here are some of the key takeaways from this fire restoration project:
- Conditions giving rise to catastrophes can be mitigated by regular maintenance cleaning.
- Ongoing maintenance prevents unscheduled costly shutdowns.
- Secondary waste is a serious consideration on every job. Knowledge of how to contain, capture and properly dispose is of the utmost importance.
- Contractors have to safely work around the site without compromising lighting, movement, fire suppression, ingress, and egress.
- Failure to comply with M.O.E and risk management policies puts companies at peril.
- Competent technicians working at heights on aerial platforms and in confined spaces are required to ensure a thorough job is completed.
Wickens Dry Ice Blasting tackles the toughest jobs across Ontario, offering fire restoration, mould remediation, asbestos abatement, lead paint abatement, and more. Contact us today for a consultation or emergency service!
You Might Also Like:
Latest posts by Roger White (see all)
- Why Fire Restoration and Clean-Up is Best Left to Professionals - October 30, 2019
- Check out Our New Case Study: Using Dry Ice Blasting to Clean Economizer Piping - September 12, 2019
- Check out Our New Case Study: Toronto Condo Fire Restoration - July 15, 2019