Fire Damage? The Clock Is Ticking
A Timeline of Fire Damage
Here’s a quick guide outlining what can happen after a fire:
- Within Minutes: Soot starts to turn plastic yellow, porous materials like marble and alabaster can become permanently discoloured, small appliances that were close to the fire become discoloured.
- Within Hours: Uncoated metals can tarnish, countertops can yellow, soot residue stains grout in bathrooms, fiberglass bath fixtures can yellow, furniture finishes can become discoloured, and finishes on appliances such as fridges can yellow.
- Within Days: Acidic soot residue causes wall paint to become permanently yellowed, wood furniture will require refinishing, clothing becomes stained with soot, upholstery becomes permanently stained, vinyl flooring requires refinishing or replacement, and metal can corrode, pit, and rust.
- Within Weeks: After weeks have passed and the damage has set in, the cost of fire restoration rises significantly. Silver becomes permanently corroded, synthetic carpeting can yellow or become permanently discoloured, and glass, china, and crystal may be severely etched and pitted due to the acidic soot residue.
Following a fire, acting quickly will help to reduce the damage and associated costs, and provide the best chance for a successful restoration.
Why Use Dry Ice Blasting for Fire Damage?
For quick recovery from fire damage or smoke damage, dry ice blasting is the most effective approach. It provides a rapid turnaround, saving you money by restoring instead of replacing. Restoring indoor brick, outdoor stone, and even brick paint removal is accomplished with this safe and non-toxic cleaning solution.
Fire restoration services can include:
- De-charring/Blast Cleaning
- Dry ice blasting
- Soda blasting
- Media blasting
- Manual clean up
- Smoke seal
Leave it to the Professionals
Don’t try to deal with smoke and fire damage on your own. Call experienced fire restoration professionals who can respond quickly to minimize the damage and get the structure back to its original condition.
Wickens Dry Ice Blasting tackles the toughest jobs across Ontario, offering fire restoration, mould remediation, asbestos abatement, lead paint abatement, and more. Contact us today for a consultation or emergency service!
You Might Also Like:
- The Benefits of Dry Ice Blasting in the Wine Industry - July 20, 2022
- How to Utilize Dry Ice Blasting in the Cannabis Industry - April 5, 2022
- Get A Quote for Restoration Services Within 48 Hours - February 1, 2022