The Benefits of Wickens Dry Ice Blasting on Electrical Power Equipment
Electrical power equipment failures account for millions of dollars of damage each year, with more than two-thirds of these failures being preventable through routine maintenance.
Common Causes of Electrical Equipment Failures
Heightened risk of an electrical arc occurs when critical equipment is not properly maintained. Common causes of equipment failure are:
- Dust & Impurities
- Spark Discharge
- Failure of Insulation Materials
- Improper Work Procedures
contact us about dry ice blasting
These images show the damage that occurs when equipment is not cleaned or maintained.
The Best Solution for Electrical Equipment Fires and Arcs
Dry ice blasting is, by far, a superior solution to clean electrical equipment after fires. Through dry ice blasting you can:
Increase Uptime with In-Place Cleaning
No need for substantial downtime when, with Wickens dry ice blasting, we can perform the cleaning in situ without disassembly, and with no need for drying time.
Eliminate Risk of Equipment Damages
Because of the non-abrasive nature of dry ice blasting, there is no risk of damage to the substrate – even for sensitive equipment – and can quickly remove most contaminates from switches, panels, lines, tubes, wiring, or belts.
Be Environmentally Friendly
Dry ice blasting can replace the need for solvents and chemicals as well as manual scraping. There is no secondary waste to clean up.
Benefit From Powerful Precision
Our dry ice blasting equipment can clean even hard-to-reach places with more precision, getting into tight spaces that are inaccessible with most traditional and manual cleaning methods.
Keep Electrical Components Safe
Dry ice blasting is also safe for sensitive electrical components such as switches, panels, wiring, and photo electric sensors.
The Three Powerful Forces of Dry Ice Blasting
- Kinetic Energy Transfer Dry ice pellets are accelerated by compressed air to high speeds – fracturing the top layer of dirt/residue.
- Micro-Thermal Energy Transfer The different materials contract unequally and the adherence between them decreases. This thermal difference helps to separate the dirt/residue from the substrate.
- Sublimation Energy Transfer After the dry ice makes its initial impact, it instantaneously turns from a solid to a gas. The volume expansion (by a factor of 700) causes a micro explosion that detaches the dirt/residue from the substrate.
Invest in Routine Maintenance
At Wickens Dry Ice Blasting we can respond quickly to emergencies but the best investment you can make is in routine, preventative maintenance and an ERP (Equipment Reliability Program). Not only will you avoid costly repairs and additional cleaning costs if you invest in preventative cleaning maintenance, but with an ERP, you’ll also be able to schedule system outages at a time that is most convenient for you and your business/customers. It puts you in control of downtime.
A Quick Clean You Can Count On
At Wickens Dry Ice Blasting, we offer a safe, non-abrasive, environmentally friendly way to clean electrical equipment:
- Leaving you a clean and dry surface
- No secondary waste after the cleaning process
- No damage to machinery and parts
- No downtime after the cleaning
- Improved electrical resistance levels
Our dry ice blasting team of professionals has been servicing our customers for over 20 years, tackling the toughest cleaning and restoration jobs while providing fire restoration cleaning, mould remediation, asbestos abatement, lead paint abatement services, and more. Our mobile fleet and rapid response provide minimal downtime, and quick solutions for those emergency situations.